We are pleased that you have chosen Dr. Richardson and the staff at Mirage Dermatology to care for your skin cancer needs. Our mission is to provide Excellence in Skin Cancer Care and we specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer and Mohs micrographic surgery. We always strive to provide the most up to date and highest quality care in a personalized and compassionate manner. We accept new patients into our practice by referral from another doctor for skin cancer or if there is a biopsy proven skin cancer that requires treatment. If you are being referred by another doctor, or if you have a biopsy proven skin cancer you may call the office at (760) 341-1999 to schedule your first visit. When calling to make your initial appointment we ask that you keep the following information in mind.
General Guidelines and Financial Policies:
- Patients are seen by appointment only. Patients who present to the office without an appointment will be given an appointment for a later time.
- It is necessary to fill out medical history, general consent, and insurance paperwork prior to your visit. These forms will be mailed to you when you schedule your initial visit, or they can be downloaded from this website if you desire. Please bring your insurance card(s) and a picture ID with you to your appointment so that we may make copies to properly bill your insurance.
- If you have a biopsy proven skin cancer, please bring the pathology report with you to your visit. You can get a copy of the report from the doctor who performed the biopsy.
- If you desire a complete skin exam please let the receptionist know so that you may be appropriately scheduled. The wait for complete skin exam appointments may be longer than if you are just coming in to check a specific spot.
- We give priority scheduling to established patients. This means that if you are a new patient you may have to wait a period of time for an available spot on the schedule. Once you are an established patient the wait for an appointment is generally shorter.
- We presently accept Medicare, Blue Cross of California PPO and Blue Shield of California PPO. We do not participate in any HMO plans.
- We request that you make any co-pay or deductible payment at the time of service.
- After your visit we will bill Medicare and/or your insurance for you. After we have received payment from insurance we will send you a statement from our office for any existing balance.
- Accounts delinquent over 90 days from the date of our statement will be sent to collections.
- Payment for cosmetic services is not covered by insurance and is expected at the time of service.
What To Expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It will also help alleviate any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling prior to your first appointment. Educate yourself by reviewing the content on this Web site. We look forward to your first visit.